Kids will love measuring and stirring this recipe (tip: if they need help measuring, use one of their washable markers to write on the measuring cup). The results are delicious.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs; then add milk and oil and beat thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix again until batter is thoroughly combined (some lumps are fine!)
- Let mixture sit 5 minutes while your waffle iron heats up.
- Pour one ladelful of batter onto your waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron's directions, about 2 minutes per waffle.
If you don't eat them all at once, these waffles freeze beautifully—just throw them into your toaster to heat them up again!