- Use an apple slicer and/or kitchen knife to cut the apple into slices or bite-size chunks.
- Place apple pieces in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and stir.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and cook again in 15-second increments until the apple is tender but not mushy (typically another 30-45 seconds)
- Ready to serve!
- It's also a great topping for yogurt or ice cream with a sprinkling of roasted sunflower seeds and/or oat flakes.
The recipe can be easily doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled. You just need a longer cooking time and a bigger bowl.
Peel and cut the apple into long slices and these apples are perfect as a baby-led weaning first food!