Vegetarian Tofu Dumpling
- 6 shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 block pressed tofu
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 package dumpling wrappers
- cutting board and knife
- large frying pan or wok
- microwave or pot for steaming
- bowl of water
Recipe submitted by:
Chow Down Nutrition
- In a bowl, soak shiitake mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes until softened, set aside.
- Slice tofu lengthwise. In a well-oiled frying pan, pan-fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove stems from the mushrooms. Chop the mushrooms into very small pieces (~¼-inch).
- Cook carrots in a microwave for 2 minutes or steam until softened; mash with fork.
- Chop up celery into tiny pieces (~¼-inch).
- Oil a large frying pan or wok, add in mushrooms, carrots, celery and soy sauce. Stir fry for about 5 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Turn off heat and add in sesame oil, mix well.
- Put 2 teaspoons of the prepared filling on each dumpling wrapper. Lightly wet the edge with water using your finger; close it in half while pinching the edges together. Make pleats and press to seal the edges well.
- Pan-fry the dumplings until skin is golden brown on all sides; enjoy while it's hot!