Vanilla Frosting (for Vanilla Cupcakes)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 6 to 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- electric mixer with paddle attachment
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, add 6 cups sugar, milk, and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy. If necessary, gradually add remaining 2 cups sugar to reach desired consistency.
- If you wish, you can portion the frosting into several bowls and add different colours to each bowl. Use to frost Vanilla Cupcakes.