Turmeric Ginger Cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tin (736 mL) of tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp black mustard seeds (use regular mustard seeds if black are unavailable)
- 1 Tbsp sambal oelek (Dutch Indonesian pickled hot pepper, readily available in international or Asian section of grocery stores)
- 1 tsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric (watch out, this yellow spice will TOTALLY stain your clothes)
- 1 head cauliflower (2 1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets
- small bowl
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- baking sheet with rim
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil with the tomato, mustard seeds, sambal oelek, ginger and turmeric.
- On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower florets with the flavoured oil.
- Season with salt and spread the cauliflower in an even layer.
- Roast for about 25 minutes, or until lightly browned and barely tender.
- Serve hot!