Turkey Burgers with Roasted Cumin
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- ½ tsp roasted cumin, ground
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 ½ tsp garlic paste
- 1 ½ tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp cayenne (optional)
- 3 Tbsp white onions, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp green onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, finley chopped
- ¾ Tbsp Himalayan salt (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil for making patties
- BURGER TOPPINGS
- 5 hamburger buns (I used brioche buns)
- Dijon mustard
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- measuring spoons
- small skillet
- mortar and pestle
- cutting board and knife
- mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- 12" skillet or barbecue grill
Recipe submitted by:
Cook with Annie M
- Heat skillet and add cumin seeds, shaking them around until they release their fragrance, about one minute. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and grind.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except olive oil. The mixture will be sticky to handle. Add olive oil to your hands and make 5 equal patties.
- Preheat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat and add patties in one at a time. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until thermometer reads 165° F. For barbecue grill directions: preheat grill to 400° F and add patties to grill and grill both sides for 4-5 minutes till fully cooked.
- Hamburger buns can be toasted on the grill or in a toaster oven.
- Have all your toppings prepared in advance and serve burgers immediately! Enjoy!