- Pre-heat the oven to 400º F.
- On a clean work surface, lay out the sheet of puff pastry and cut a ½” strip off of each side of the rectangle. Brush the outside of the puff pastry rectangle with the egg white and cut ½” strip to fit around as a border.
- Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and pierce the pastry all over with a fork. Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven to cool for 10 minutes.
- Brush Dijon mustard over the inside surface of the tart. Place basil leaves on top of the mustard and arrange tomato halves on top of the basil leaves. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the tomatoes and scatter goat cheese on top.
- Season the tart with salt and return to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Watch Chef Dana Reinhardt prepare this tart!