Tiger Stripe Siu Mai (Prawn Dumplings)
- 2 cups ground Sloping Hills pork
- 1 cup rock crab meat
- 1 bunch green onions, minced
- 1 half bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/4 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1 cup whole BC side stripe shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 package square wonton wrappers
- small amount of vegetable oil
- chili oil (for dipping)
- soy sauce (for dipping)
- bamboo steamer
- mixing spoon
- brush (for oiling bamboo steamer)
- cutting board
- can opener
Todd Bright, Wild Rice
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the shrimp.
- Mix well.
- Form the mixture into small meatballs.
- Place a meatball in the center of a wonton wrapper.
- Lay a shrimp over the top of the mixture.
- Gather up the edges of the wonton wrapper and pull the wrapper up against the meat on the sides making a little ‘pocket’ (leaving it ‘open-faced’).
- Lightly oil a bamboo steamer.
- Place the dumplings in and steam for approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with chili oil and soy sauce.