- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; cook pork, breaking up with wooden spoon, for 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Add onion; cook for about 5 minutes or until tender. Add chili pepper, ginger and garlic; cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Drain fat from pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together milk, sriracha, lime juice, brown sugar, lemongrass paste, fish sauce (if using), and salt. Pour over pork; stir to combine. Cook, stirring often, for 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and mixture is saucy. Remove from heat.
- Combine lettuce, mint, cilantro and green onion; divide evenly among 4 mason jars. Top with pork mixture, carrots, cucumbers and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
Perfect with a cold glass of milk to tame the spicy flavours.
- Substitute jalapeño or red bird’s eye chili pepper for green Thai chili pepper if desired.
- Lemongrass paste can be found in the refrigerated section of the produce department at most grocery stores.