- In a large pot, add a tablespoon or so of olive oil and add the onion and garlic until transparent.
- Add ground turkey. Brown the meat and drain the fat.
- Add in the chopped celery; once it starts to cook add in the red peppers.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, beans and stir well. If you like mushrooms, add them in now.
- Add in pepper, and chili flakes and oregano if used.
- Simmer the chili on a very low heat for a few hours.
- Serve it up in a bowl with some bread or if you're looking for a really hearty meal, serve this chili over some brown rice - it's delicious!
The great thing about this chili is that you can add anything you want, sometimes I add in chickpeas, sometimes yellow peppers, sometimes a little corn....feel free to do what you want!