First, roast the yam fries. These are awesome on the side or in your tacos.
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Toss sliced yams in a small glug of olive oil then set aside.
- Mix together cornstarch, steak spice, garlic powder, chili powder and FGP in a bowl.
- Lay out the oiled taters on a sheet and toss on the dry mixture to coat.
- Bake in a single layer with space around them. Turn once after about 25 minutes and let them get nice and brown.
- Sauté the peppers and onions in a smatter of olive oil, dash of chili powder, touch of salt: cook the onions first for a while then add your red peppers in a little later so they are still sweet and kind of crunchy. When they are close to being ready, squeeze lime over them and add some chopped cilantro and set aside.
- Heat up your refried beans in a small pot on the stove.
- Quinoa is super quick and easy—make it like rice: ½ cup of quinoa + 1 cup of water in a small pot. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once this is close to being done, squeeze the juice of a half a lime and add a bunch of chopped cilantro.
Chuck it all together and squeeze more lime and shove it down your gullet! (but chew slowly please, we all know that digestion starts in the mouth!)
*Make your own refried beans with one can of black, pinto or kidney beans, chili powder and 1 cup of salsa. Heat these ingredients in a pan on the stove, mash it up and add lime juice.
Try Fresh Salsa (Olé!) if you want to make your own salsa.