- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners or oil.
- Put 2 cups of dry baby spinach leaves into a food processor and pulse until the leaves resemble a purée. You should have about 1 cup of chopped spinach total.
- Combine dry ingredients (minus the quinoa) in larger bowl and whisk.
- In smaller bowl, whisk egg and sugar together until incorporated and light in texture. Add remaining wet ingredients and whisk.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir just to combine—do not over-mix. Gently fold quinoa into the mixture.
- Pour batter into muffin tin to about 3/4 full each. Top each muffin with chopped nuts of your choice.
- Bake for 20 minutes until centers set or a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Enjoy while warm.
Marisa comments, "Beautiful green colour – perfect for St. Paddy’s Day!!!"