Spaghetti Squash Supreme
- 3 lbs spaghetti squash
- 2 cups broccoli flowerettes
- 1 cup zucchini cubes, unpeeled
- Salted water
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- ½ cup chopped green onion
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese—a good sprinkle
- Paper towels
- Small pot
- Frying pan
- Pierce skin of squash with a fork in 6-7 places.
- Set on oven rack & bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour, until shell feels a bit soft.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut in half lengthwise. Discard seeds. Using a fork, lift spaghetti strands with a scraping motion onto paper towels to drain.
- Cook broccoli and zucchini in salted water for 1 minute. Cool under cold running water and drain.
- Cook carrot slices in water for 5-6 minutes. Cool under cold running water and drain. Add to broccoli and zucchini. Add cherry tomatoes to veggies.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Add green onion, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until soft.
- Add squash strands and veggies. Sauté until heated through.
- Add cheese and toss together.