Soft Beef Tacos
- 10 to 12 small tortillas
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) of salsa
- 2 tomatoes, trimmed and diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Lettuce leaves, shredded
- FOR BEEF FILLING:
- 1 ¼ lb (625 g) lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) pepper
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- Large saucepan
Dairy Farmers of Canada
- In large saucepan, brown beef in its own juice while stirring.
- Add salt, pepper and chopped onion and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 more minutes. Add spices, 1 finely chopped tomato, bell pepper and water, and cook for 20 minutes while stirring, or until mixture is almost dry.
- Each person prepares their own tacos. Fill soft tortilla with beef stuffing and top with salsa, tomato, Monterey Jack cheese and lettuce.