- Preheat oven to 500° F.
- Place butter and water in large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour and stir. Turn stove off. The dough should be one big clump. Cool it a little bit.
- Beat in 3–4 eggs.
- Grease the cookie sheet using cooking spray. Spread the dough out on the cookie sheet and bake for 10–15 minutes. Watch it carefully. It will look like bubbles forming, and that's a good thing. Take it out from the oven when it starts to turn golden.
- In a small bowl, mix the icing sugar with a few teaspoons of warm water—just enough until it slightly thickens. Drizzle it on the pastry.
- Cut into squares and serve warm. Eat up!
This pastry square is from my Mom's recipe book. It's more of an egg square than the usual choux pastry.