- 3 lbs potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- 4 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- leaf lettuce, optional
- Dutch oven or large kettle
- cutting board and knife
- large bowl
- small bowl
Recipe submitted by:
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20–30 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Peel and cube potatoes; place in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, celery, onions and pickles.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle juice, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.