- Heat the oven to 375° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the tomato sauce: In a large skillet, heat the oil and add the chopped onion, garlic and spices. Add in the tomato paste, diced tomatoes and let simmer until the sauce thickens slightly. Add salt, pepper and any other flavourings to taste.
- Spread the tomato sauce evenly amongst the 6 pitas.
- Top with cheese, turkey pepperoni and various veggies.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are crispy and the cheese has melted.
NOTE: If you would like to add the roasted eggplant (or zucchini), simply slice into coins and spread in one layer on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Spray with olive or coconut oil and sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and optional seasonings: smoked paprika, Frank's red hot seasoning, Italian seasoning etc. Bake at 400° F for 15 minutes or until desired crispiness has been achieved.