- Wash the rice until the water runs clear.
- Cook the rice with 7 cups of water until it completely softens and dissolves in water. This may take up to an hour. While the rice is cooking, give it a stir every 5 minutes or so.(You may need to add some more hot water while it cooks.)
- Add the sugar and butter, while stirring.
- Add saffron and rosewater, and stir in completely.
- Pour the pudding into individual serving bowls.
- Decorate with your choice of cinnamon, crushed almonds, and/or pistachio.
Cinnamon is the most commonly used to decorate this rice pudding, but almonds and pistachios are other good choices.