Oven Roasted Yam Wedgie Fries
- 2 yams or sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- Cutting board
- Small sharp knife, or kitchen scissors
- Medium-sized bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Pancake flipper
Recipe submitted by:
- Heat oven to 450° F (A very hot oven! Be sure your oven is clean or you will have a very smoky kitchen.)
- Pluck the rosemary leaves from the stem then tear the rosemary leaves into a medium-sized bowl.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half then cut lengthwise into 2 cm wide wedges.
- Place wedges in a bowl and add the rosemary, olive oil and sea salt. Toss the potatoes until evenly coated.
- Place the potato wedges in a single layer on a parchment-lined cookie sheet (or greased cookie sheet).
- Place in the hot oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, have an adult carefully remove the tray from the oven. Flip the fries over with a pancake flipper. Return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve right away.