- In large mixing bowl, blend together the wet ingredients and sugar (eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla) with a fork until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt).
- Stir flour mixture into wet mixture with a mixing spoon.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded 1 Tbsp, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto lined or greased baking sheets. With fork, flatten to ½-inch (1 cm) thickness.
- Bake in 325° F oven until edges are golden but centres are slightly soft, about 10 minutes. Transfer to cooling racks and let cool.
Make-ahead: Store in airtight container for up to 5 days or in the freezer for several weeks.