- Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans or line bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Make your favourite brownie recipe or mix. Divide and bake it in two 9-inch cake pans.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes. Remove brownie layers and cool completely.
- Take a 9-inch cake pan—one that is a springform with sides you can loosen if possible—and line the bottom and the sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- Place one brownie layer into the bottom of the pan (this is your bottom layer).
- Spread raspberry jam over the whole surface of the bottom brownie layer.
- Melt chocolate with coffee in a double boiler.
- When melted, remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat yolks until light yellow in colour.
- Slowly stir in egg yolks into chocolate.
- Slowly stir in the Kahlua (if it isn’t heated, it will curdle).
- Cool chocolate mixture to room temperature.
- In a separate clean mixing bowl, beat egg whites and gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whip cream in a separate bowl.
- Fold both whipped cream and egg whites into chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mousse into the cake pan and place the top brownie layer on.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Combine 6 oz semisweet chocolate (3/4 cups chips) and ½ cup hot water, stirring until melted and smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour glaze over top of the entire cake.
- Decorate with whipped cream and shaved white or dark chocolate (optional).