- Have an adult peel and dice potatoes.
- Place in a pot and cover with water. Have an adult put the pot on the stovetop, and turn element to high.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from stove, drain the potatoes in the colander and let potatoes cool in a mixing bowl.
- Add margarine and milk, salt and pepper to taste and start mashing until smooth and creamy. No lumps!
- While the potatoes are boiling, wash kale and rip into bite-sized pieces.
- Medium chop the onion. Wash and break broccoli into florets.
- Open the can of chickpeas and rinse in colander.
- Spray the baking sheet and all of the 'jungle' ingredients with 2-3 sprays of olive oil cooking spray.
- Season with garlic powder, dried basil, salt and pepper to taste, and mix.
- Bake the 'jungle' ingredients at 350° F for about 20 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce to a sauce pan and heat on stove top for about 10 minutes.
Assemble a mashed potato mountain, sprinkle the jungle ingredients at the base of the mountanin, then pour tomato sauce lava on the mountain peak and sprinkle with cheese as the liquid magma.
To make a vegan version of this recipe, use a non-dairy milk, a non-dairy spread and a vegan cheese.