- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice (about 2–3 large lemons)
- 1 box of lemon gelatin
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1-1/3 cup of boiling water
- 1-3/4 cups of graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- extra graham crumbs for garnish
- 1 Tbsp of lemon zest for garnish
- whipped cream for topping
- measuring cups
- lemon juicer
- mixing bowls
- 9" x 9" dish
- electric mixer
- zester or grater
Recipe submitted by:
- Place can of evaporated milk in the fridge to chill.
- Juice lemons (approx 2-3 large) until you get 1/4 cup.
- Mix boiling water with gelatin mix, add sugar and lemon juice. Place in the fridge for 90 minutes to set.
- In another mixing bowl, combine graham crumbs with vanilla extract and melted butter until completely mixed. Press crumb mixture in the bottom of a 9" x 9" dish.
- After 90 minutes, beat your cold evaporated milk until it forms soft peaks.
- Grab the gelatin mix from the fridge and whisk until light and bubbly. Fold the milk into the gelatin. Pour over the graham crumbs.
- Refrigerate until set, approx 2-3 hours.
- Garnish with graham crumbs and lemon zest.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately with whipped cream.