- Put salted water on to boil for the pasta and cook per pasta directions.
- Fill the second pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Wash and remove stems of the kale.
- Once water is boiling, blanch kale for 1 minute; drain and chill under ice water; drain well and pat dry.
- Chop kale, walnuts, and garlic; grate cheese.
- In a food processor, pulse together kale, walnuts, cheese, and garlic until coarsely ground.
- Pulse in oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Stir pesto into your cooked pasta or use as a sauce on pizza crust.
Kids in the kitchen? Ours love washing the kale and ripping the leaves off the stems!