- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas
- 1/4 cup (60mL) tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) salt
- Can opener
- Medium size sieve or colander
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Blender or food processor
- Small serving bowl
BC Dairy Association
- Open the can of chickpeas and drain in a sieve. Add the drained chickpeas to blender or food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Purée ingredients until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a serving bowl and smooth the top with a spatula. You can use the spatula to give the top a decorative swirl.
- Offer pita chips or raw vegetables to dip into the hummus. Hummus also makes a good sandwich filling.