Grammy's Fudge Ribbon Cake
- RIBBON LAYER
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 250 gm (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- CHOCOLATE LAYERS
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 and 1/3 cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- Electric Mixer
- 2 Small mixing bowls
- Large mixing bowl
- 9 X 13 Baking pan
- Mix ingredients for ribbon layer in a small mixing bowl using electric mixer. Mix on high until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler.
- Add eggs, chocolate and vanilla to butter and sugar.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a small mixing bowl.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk, blending well. Using electric mixer, beat on low speed for about 1.5 minutes, scraping edges of bowl with spatula regularly.
- Spread half of chocolate batter into greased 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Spoon on Ribbon filling and spread over chocolate base.
- Spread remaining chocolate batter over entire pan evenly
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool and frost with your favourite chocolate frosting.