This list of ingredients are some of our go-tos just to give you an idea of what you could prepare. Anything goes really! As long as you've got a couple kinds of veggies, a whole grain, a protein source (e.g. beans, lentils, cheese, nuts/seeds), and some kind of flavouring (e.g. dressing, olives etc.), you're good to go. Make extra of certain ingredients throughout the week and you'll have lots of pre-prepared options to add to your grain bowl buffet.
- Cook up the grain (or use leftovers).
- Open and drain the cans of beans or lentils. We've also used leftover tofu, tempeh, or egg.
- Wash and chop or grate the vegetables.
- Chop or grate mix-ins and flavourings as needed.
- Place ingredients in separate serving bowls/plates, along with dressing.
- Allow everyone to serve themselves from the ingredients to custom make their own grain bowl.