- Put sugar, margarine, milk and egg in saucepan stirring continually until it comes to a full boil. Boil for one minute then remove from heat.
- Add crumbs, walnuts, coconut and vanilla.
- When cool, line an 11 x 8 pan with whole graham wafers.
- Pour filling over the wafers. Cover mixture with whole wafers and ice with butter icing.
To prepare Butter Icing:
- Cream together 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Blend in 1 to 2 cups confectioner's sugar, half a cup at a time, adding 2 to 3 tablespoons milk as you blend, until the icing reaches the desired consistency.