Gluten-Free Carrot Cakes or Muffins
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free flour (i usually use a combo of equal parts low-fat soy flour, brown rice flour and tapioca starch)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups peeled and finely grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped pecans, lightly toasted
- measuring cups and spoons
- 2 bowls
- wooden spoon
- 9 x 13" pan, two layer cake pans or 16-18 lined muffin cups
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and add sugar, vanilla and oil.
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and salt) in a separate bowl and blend with wet ingredients in large bowl until all ingredients are moist.
- Stir in carrots, nuts and juice. If you are using cake pans, grease them and dust with the gluten-free flour you are using for this recipe.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 13" x 9" cake pan or two layer cake pans or 16-18 lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 350° F for 30–35 minutes for cake or 20 minutes for muffins until slightly brown around edges and toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.