- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a food processor, mix together the wet ingredients until the pear and butter are chopped into small pieces resembling the grated cheese, but not completely liquid.
- In a large bowl, lightly mix together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and drop the prepared wet mix into the well. Mix together to form a ball of dough. Work quickly and do not overmix.
- Place the ball of dough on a lightly floured surface. Using your hands, make a long sausage shape, about 2" in diameter.
- Using a knife, slice off the scones in 1-inch thick slices.
- Place on a non-stick or lightly greased cookie sheet. Use the saved egg to lightly brush the tops of the scones and pop in the oven for 20 minutes. Scones should be lightly browned and cooked through. Cooking time may vary according to the thickness of the scones.
- Cool on a rack or on a clean, dry tea towel.
Great to make with children! If pears are very ripe, use a little less milk.