- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°c).
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and remove the seeds from the cardamon pod, discarding the husk.
- Process the spice mixture to a fine powder in a grinder, such as a coffee grinder reserved for this purpose.
Store the garam masala in an airtight container in a cool place. It will keep well for 3 months. Use this mixture to make Masala Chicken.
Excerpted from Bal’s Quick and Healthy Indian (Whitecap Books) by Bal Arneson.