- Wash the tomatoes. On a cutting board, cut the tomatoes in ½, from the core to the tip. Remember to hold the hand holding the tomato like a claw. Cut each half into 1 cm wide slices, then cut the slices into small squares. Place in a small bowl.
- Cut the onion in ½, from the hairy end to the tip then ½ again. Remove the skin. Cut 1/4 onion into 1 cm wide slices. Cut each slice into cm wide strips. Add to the tomatoes.
- Pick the leaves off of the cilantro, then tear the leaves up and add to the tomatoes.
- Peel the skin off the garlic and press through a garlic press or grate with a microplane. Add to the tomato mixture.
- Juice the ½ lime with a juicer or reamer and add to the tomato mixture.
- Add the salt to the mixture and mix together with a spoon.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes before eating.
- Add chili flakes or hot sauce to the salsa if you like things spicy.
- You can also add black beans or corn kernels, for different flavours.