- In a large bowl, pour in the milk and unsweetened applesauce and whisk well until everything is fully combined.
- Add the the egg to the mixtures and whisk it in completely. Do the same with the baking powder and vanilla and hemp hearts. You don’t want to be able to see any white bits.
- Then mash up the banana (I like to do it while it’s still in the skin.) Add it to the bowl and whisk until combined.
- Then mix in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Grab your muffin tins. Grease them so the muffins don’t stick to the pan. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Fill each up the muffin tin. Put them in the oven for 23-25 minutes. You will know they are done when the bottoms are browned.
Salma suggests that these muffins are good for about 5 days on the counter or 10 days in the fridge. You can make a double batch for freeze for a future breakfast emergency.