- Preheat oven to 200° C (400° F).
- Lightly grease the cake pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg; beat well until smooth.
- Stir together flour and baking powder; add to the butter mixture.
- Press dough into the cake pan.
- To make the topping, mix together sour cream, sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended.
- Spread the berries on the crust, then pour the topping evenly over the berries.
- Bake at for about 30–40 minutes until golden.
Most berries work well for this recipe. For strawberries, slice them up before baking since they're so big. Try different combinations and see which one is your favourite!
Note: The crust recipe works best if all the ingredients have been warmed up to room temperature before baking.