- Melt the butter in your soup pot on medium heat.
- Grate garlic into melted butter, then add onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add chopped carrots, parsnip, beet and potatoes, and toss them in the butter.
- Add just enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Turn the heat up to high and add your bouillon cube or salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until vegetables are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Enjoy, or leave to simmer another 30 minutes over low heat to get a richer taste.
- Top with chopped dill or parsley to taste.
Experiment with some of the suggested toppings or extras for variation!
Fun Fact: In European supermarkets you can actually get these veggies bundled together and sold as "soup mix".