- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl stir together oats, flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large liquid measuring cup mix together oil, water, flax, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients and stir well.
- Add the pumpkin and mix through. If adding chocolate chips, stir them in.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Using the spatula, spread into a rectangular shape, approximately an inch thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into squares.
You can also substitute cooked yams or cooked pumpkin for the canned. Check out this pumpkin purée recipe.
These pumpkin muffin bars are a great healthy snack option for all ages!