- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
- Warm yogurt in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- In a large bowl, combine flour with yeast mixture, warm yogurt, olive oil and salt.
- Knead with your hands. Sprinkle flour onto your hands and knead until dough forms a ball and is no longer sticky.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes, until dough doubles in size.
To make pizza:
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Roll out the dough onto a well-floured surface. Transfer to a baking sheet greased with olive oil and spread dough with your hands.
- Cover with toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
To make savoury pastries:
- Roll the dough out into a 1/8 inch thick layer.
- Cut dough into circles with round cookie cutters or using a floured glass rim.
- Remove the excess dough from the cut out circle.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of meat filling or cheese filling in middle of circle.
- Carefully fold the circle in half to form a semicircle.
- Crimp down the edges with a fork.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
You can also wrap the dough in plastic wrap and keep in the fridge until ready to use, up to 2 days.