- In a large mixing bowl, sift and combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients: eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until blended.
- Set aside batter for a few minutes while you heat up the waffle maker.
- Scoop the batter into the waffle iron and cook until the waffles are golden brown and crisp.
- After remoing from waffle maker, lay on a cooling rack for a few minutes before serving, or else the condensation from the heat will cause the waffle to lose its crisp.
- Serve with your favourite toppings. Enjoy!
Warm the milk as you melt the butter.