Easy Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 2-3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- optional toppings: sliced bananas, berries, walnuts, almonds, shredded coconut
- Mason jar with a tight lid (or sub for a small bowl)
- Measuring spoons and cups
Recipe submitted by:
- Pour the milk into a mason jar with a tight lid. (If you don’t have a jar, just put it in a bowl).
- Add the chia, hemp hearts, cacao powder and agave. Then put the lid on tightly and shake, shake, shake with all your might. Let it rest for a minute and then shake again for good measure. (If using a bowl, use a whisk each time to mix).
- Put it in the fridge to thicken. Leave it overnight. (If you don’t have the time, let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 – 60 minutes.)
- In the morning, scoop some chia pudding in a bowl. Add a little more milk and mix. Then top it with some fruit, berries or nuts or just enjoy it on its own.