Cranberry Salsa with Cheese
- 3 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 2 Tbsp jalapeño chile peppers, cored, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- cilantro and whole cranberries for garnish
- measuring cups and spoons
- food processor or cutting board and knife
- plastic wrap
1 1/2 cups
- Rinse cranberries and place them in a food processor and pulse until lightly chopped. Don't over-process. Place in a bowl.
- Add onions, jalapeño peppers and cilantro leaves to the food processor and process until finely chopped. You can also just chop them finely with a knife.
- Add the onion mixture to the cranberries. Add sugar and lime juice.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, if possible, or for at least 4 hours.
- On a serving plate, place cream cheese in the centre and layer the cranberry salsa over the top. Garnish and serve with crackers.