- In a large bowl mix together the oat flour, oil, milk, honey and salt. Combine well, and wait about a minute for the oat flour to soak up the liquid.
- Add in the lemon zest and dried cranberries and mix well. The dough will be a little sticky.
- Gradually add some rye flour in, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough is no longer sticky. You may have to wait a minute for the rye flour to soak up the liquid. Otherwise, keep kneading until the dough is smooth.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for about an hour.
- An hour later, divide the dough into two portions. Place one portion on one side of a large piece of parchment paper. Fold the other half of the paper over, and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it is slightly less than 1 cm thick. (The thicker the cookie is, the softer is will be.)
- Repeat for the other piece of dough.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking pan and bake at 350° F for about 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.
Note: These were baked in a toaster oven. Since oven temperatures vary, check your cookies during the first five minutes of baking. You may require more or less baking time. These cookies bake up a little crisp on the outside, but soft and a little chewy on the inside.