Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Fresh Apple Salsa
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 limes, grated zest and juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 green apple, such as granny smith, finely diced
- 1 red apple, such as McIntosh, finely diced
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 green pepper, finely diced
- measuring cups and spoons
- 2 large bowls
- cutting board and knife
- frying pan
Recipe submitted by:
BC Tree Fruits
- In large bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, cilantro, all of the lime zest and juice of 3 limes. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne flakes (if you like it hot). Add shrimp and marinate in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare fresh salsa by combining apples, onion, red and green pepper in large bowl. Add juice of 1 remaining lime and toss to combine. Set in fridge.
- Cook shrimp in a pan on the stove or barbecue for about 10 minutes, over medium-high heat.
- Serve immediately topped with the fresh cut salsa.