Preheat oven to 400° F.
Prepare the chops
- Salt and pepper the chops.
- Sear quickly in a hot cast iron pan in a little oil.
- Place cast iron panful of chops into the pre-heated 400° F oven to finish cooking—about 10 minutes. Meat should measure 74° C (165° F) on a digital food thermometer.
Prepare the sauce and gnocchi
- Boil a large pot of salted water; keep it simmering.
- In a large medium-hot non-stick pan, heat 1–2 Tbsp of olive oil. Add mushrooms, and after a minute or two, add shallots, then garlic, stirring all the while.
- When done to your liking, add the herbs and squeeze the half lemon all over. Toss.
- Add the cream or milk and some fresh cracked pepper.
- Toss the gnocchi into the boiling water and cook until they float, about 2-3 minutes.
- Strain, leaving them quite wet, and add them to the mushroom mixture. Fold together.
- Add the parmesan cheese and 1 Tbsp. butter.
- Turn the heat low. This will keep until your chops are done.
Wendy writes, "This is a nice hearty, warm meal in minutes which my family loves. I chop everything before I start cooking. I serve it with a hot homemade baguette and a side of canteloupe or grapes. Enjoy!"