- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Brush an 11 x 7-inch (28 x 18 cm) baking dish with oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place oat flakes, flour, cocoa, cinnamon and salt. Stir well.
- Add chopped dates and sesame seeds. Stir well to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Add applesauce and maple syrup. Add to dry ingredients, and stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the squares are firm to touch, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into squares.
Kids enjoy mixing and measuring the ingredients so why not make the preparation a family affair? If food allergies are a concern, not to worry, these tasty squares can be gluten free and nut free if desired!