- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large pot or Dutch oven. Add ground beef and brown, making sure to break up the large pieces. Drain the fat.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, peppers and celery to the ground beef and cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add all the spices to the pot and stir to mix well.
- Add the frozen corn, kidney beans, chickpeas and tomatoes to the pot. Stir to mix well.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar. If the consistency at this point is too thick, add about ½ cup of water to the pot and stir well. The consistency should be thick and not soupy.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to simmer for about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- If using a crockpot, transfer everything to the crockpot after step 4 and cook 8 hours on the low setting, 4-6 hours on the high setting.
Anna writes, "This is a great recipe to make with beef, turkey or even vegetarian. I often change up the veggies and use whatever I have handy. You can do this in the slow cooker, a Dutch oven, or a pot on the stove. Cooking time will vary depending on method used. This recipe freezes well."