- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve baking sodia in hot water. Add to the batter along with salt.
- Stir in the flour, chocolate chips, and walnuts.
- Drop on ungreased cookie sheet in large spoonfuls.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 12-15 minutes.
- These cookies are so good....
Swap out the chopped walnuts for your favourite nut of choice - try slivered almonds or pecans! Or omit the nuts entirely and enjoy this classic chocolate chip cookie.