- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter
- 2 cups (500 mL finely chopped onion
- 12 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh orange juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- grated orange zest
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of tarragon
- measuring cup
- cutting board and knife
- fine grater
- large pot
- hand blender
Recipe submitted by:
BC Dairy Association
- Melt butter in pot and add onions, cooking over low heat until lightly browned.
- Add carrots and broth and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, then cover and cook until carrots are very tender (about 30 minutes).
- Away from heat, use a hand blender to blend carrots and broth until smooth.
- Add orange juice, milk, orange zest, nutmeg and tarragon.
- Serve warm.