- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Peel, and cut carrots into equal size pieces.
- Steam carrots till fully cooked thru and softened. (If you don't have a steamer, you can boil them till tender and soft.) Allow them to cool for a few minutes before blending.
- While carrots cook, grease two large souffle dishes or one 9" x13" baking dish with softened butter.
- In a large blender, puree cooled carrots, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, melted butter, nutmeg, cinnamon (see note, below). Once completely smooth, add in flour and baking powder, and blend till fully incorporated. (Manually whisking in flour and baking powder in a separate bowl is also an option if you have a smaller blender.)
- Pour carrot souffle mixture into the greased baking dish(es), and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cornflake crumbs, pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Sprinkle topping mixture evenly over the carrot souffle, and bake on the middle rack of your oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is springy to the touch and no longer jiggling.
NOTE: If you have a smaller blender or food processor, puree carrots separately, and manually whisk together with eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, butter, and spices in a separate bowl.