Borani Esfenaj (Persian yogurt dip)
- 3 cups packed baby spinach (yield almost 1/3 cup cooked)
- 1 cup yogurt—Greek or drained is preferred
- walnuts—chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper (optional, to your taste)
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting board and knife (or food processor)
- medium pan with lid
- mixing bowl
- serving bowl
Recipe submitted by:
- Add the spinach to the pan and cover with a lid. Moisture in the spinach is enough to cook it.
- Cook over low to medium heat about 5 minutes, or until slightly wilted.
- Drain the extra water (if any) and let the spinach cool.
- Chop the spinach using a knife and cutting board or a food processor. Don’t over-mix it, if using a food processor.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped spinach, yogurt, walnuts (if using) and condiments.
- Transfer to the serving bowl, or keep refrigerated in an airtight container until serving time.
- Serve with flat bread, pita, toasted bread, or tortilla.
- Enjoy this nutritious dip!