TO MAKE THE SYRUP
- In a small pan, add sugar and water. Stir until all sugar dissolves.
- Let boil on medium heat. Add lemon drops and let boil again. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE MILK PUDDING
- In a medium-size non-stick pot add cornstarch, flour and sugar, and then pour in milk and heavy cream. Stir until combined and sugar and starch dissolve.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over a medium temperature stirring continuously so the liquid won't stick to the pan.
- Keep cooking until the mixture becomes thick like a pudding. Turn off heat and pour into a glass baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and cool in the fridge for 15–20 minutes.
TO ASSEMBLE THE BAKLAVA
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Lay out one sheet of puff pastry on the table. Cut the layered dough into 9 squares.
- Place 1 Tbsp of milk pudding in the middle of each square and fold over into triangles. Use a fork to press the edges of the triangle together.
- Finish up the second sheet of pastry the same way.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle cold syrup over all triangles and decorate with ground pistachios.